Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Surprise...

A perfectly normal dull day.. Hadn't bothered to shampoo my hair ( a usual attempt to create an illusion of volume).. Had a perfectly boring day at work.. Major fight with G over her mood swings.. made up.. treated myself to two glasses of 'Butter' fruit juice.. which is what they call Avocado in all the juice shops here... High point of the day I guess would have been when lady drinking nice Watermelon juice next to me started staring at the green gook in my glass and looked ready to puke.... M called and asked us to have dinner with him.. So there we were, looking around for the most economical thing to eat at Transit... but they don't let people eat left overs from previous diners' tables... (i think).. And all of a sudden my eyes are covered by two hands.. First thing through my mind.. perfume-- its a girl?.. then the hands lead to two hairy arms--girl who doesn't wax?... very thick hands tilted upward-- fat, tall girl who doesn't wax? Ever noticed how when you're blinded and trying to go through a list of all your fat tall girlfriends who don't wax, you give up real easy? So I did.. Turned around.. and there he was.. a familiar face that I almost didn't recognize because he was something I'd given up hope of ever seeing anytime in the future thanks to his busy schedules and lack of holidays and the 20 hours of travel it would take for him to put his hands around me and have me screaming and jumping and being dragged out of Transit by friends who were trying desperately to pretend they didn't know me.. I've always been a whiner.. and it almost depresses me that I can't whine about not getting any surprises.. I think surprises are the nicest things...The perfect gift.. You can't keep it on a shelf, put it between the pages of a book or frame it.. But you can put it in your head and think about it and smile wistfully everytime you're having an ordinary dull normal day...

No comments: