Thursday, November 29, 2007

Letters...

There's a plastic file in a cupboard back home. I see it sometimes when I'm searching for something. A file full of letters that I've read so many times I used to know them by heart. I don't open it anymore.. I never read the letters.. It just sits there.. To catch my eye when I'm searching for something in the cupboard back home.. To remind me of someone I used to be.. of someone who used to write to me.. some love that still lingers on in a file full of letters..



5 comments:

Anurag said...

very simple...yet touching
somethings dont really leave us do they...but do we really want them to leave...dunno

nice post...
take care
adios
Anurag

psycho said...

enthuvaadey ithokke? ;)

- ur sweetheart

unni said...

burn them

as you see the inconsequential flecks of ash float up
as the smoke stings your eyes and invades your nostrils
as the flames dance around like a WinAmp visualisation

you may find that it is strangely cathartic, therapeutic even

so burn them

Highlander said...

Happy to find someone who keeps clutter in their own cupboard, just for its emotional value..Like the first geometry box in class 3, or the first pen in class 4.no use of them now, but still...

Ajith said...

Letters!!! they are precious, especially those written by someone special, with words straight from the heart.

I too have a collection of letters 'hidden' in my suitcase. Not sure how many times i have read those. Some of them are as long as 25 full sheets and some as small as a tissue paper (those are the ones which she passed to me during boring lectures in college).

The letters will be under my certificates till my end, as sign of my lost love.

I like ur posts, coz they are "short and sweet"