Thursday, February 26, 2009

Art

SCENE : (Coast to Coast restaurant in Koramangala.
A quick weekday lunch to beat being bored at work.
Waiting for our order of chicken sukka and neer dosa)

me : (pointing to one of the posters on the wall)
Do you know what that is?

him: Yakshagana

me: Yup... didn't think you'd know :)

him: I've performed.

-pause-

me: You've WHAT?

him: Performed.

me: Performed?

him: Yup.

-pause-

him:(caving in to my 'yeah right' look)
Performed.. as in.. "helped" them perform..

me:( laughing).. oh i see.. and thats the same thing..

-after a couple of minutes-

him: Actually.. we used to get drunk and then 'perform' on the terrace in our hostel

me:!!!!!!!!!! (berating myself for assuming there was a possibility of truth
in the idea that he could have helped someone perform yakshagaana
, since his college was in suratkal)

- pause -

him: I've also done Kathakali..

me: Drunk? on the terrace?

him: Yup

- another couple of minutes -

me: (looking at the yakshagana poster on the wall)
S0... when you're drunk and performing yakshagaana and kathakali on the terrace...
how would you know the difference?

him: The Mudras... (ofcourse)

------------

.

3 comments:

Rakesh said...

LOFL :D

DPhatsez said...

Yo Sasy! Pottatharangal parayaan oru blog-o? :D

DPhatsez said...

oh and your mugshots a dead giveaway!
Maya Reiss= Remya Sasi
Anagramatically challenged aayirunnengilo? sigh!