Monday, April 23, 2007

Rain...

Yesterday, it rained. I opened my red umbrella, rolled up my jeans, held my bag close and walked. People rushed by in a hurry.. to get out of the rain, opening umbrellas, holding plastic bags over their heads, some holding their hands out of their umbrellas, some getting thoroughly drenched, and I wasn't all that dry either.. It felt good though.. like there was some sort of curtain around me and my red umbrella.. Time and space for my thoughts.. and it would all stay within.. I remembered an sms conversation from last year.. when it had started to rain just like this..

R: Hows Bangalore?
M: It was hot till yesterday and all of a sudden its raining cats and dogs.
R: Are you complaining?
M: I'm not sure.
R: I always thought you were the sort of person who'd like rain.

M likes that R thinks that thought.. She leaves it at that..

As the wind blew the rain straight into me and messed with my umbrella I wondered if I should be smiling at all.. because i was.

8 comments:

titto said...

"It felt good though.. like there was some sort of curtain around me and my red umbrella.. Time and space for my thoughts.. and it would all stay within.."

I didn't understand the complex multi directional meaning of the sentence :):):)

- A passerby

titto said...

@rumdoll
I will kill you if you get annoyed
Please avoid the dots 'if i should be smiling at all..'
each and every sentence has this and pls align the entries :):):)

Bye - I will be back

titto said...

My second comment became worthless :(

"that comes from reading too many impressive blogs and the gnawing feeling that this is sure to turn out not-so-impressive... Why? Because I put too many dots between my sentences.... because I'm rambling most of the time.. I have no abstract poetry, no awesome photos that I took myself, no great ideas to share, no beliefs to declare, no comments on IIPM, no amazing vocabulary to flourish my writing with.. Which brings me back to why I'm doing this.. besides the temptation of the 'Get your own Blog' button.. I don't know."

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

Never knew you had a blog though i was quite aware of the fact that you had a flair for writin'...

Good goin' man...

Bullshee said...

why are there no new posts?where do i complain?

Horatio said...

bullshee is right
why no new posts ?

enigma.in.a.riddle said...

...the backdrop of thy blogg.....looks intresting........
art thou in to photography...???

Amen
-Shalom-
shalom.peaze@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

art thou???