Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Believe it or not...

Someone I know once went to drop off his girlfriend at the railway station.
They held hands ALL THE TIME and since they didn't have much to talk about, they concentrated on, and perfected, the art of looking at each other dreamily, like a pair of love-sick cows.. I mean doves. So anyways, story is, they were at the railway station and he was supposed to see her off. They were holding hands as usual. He didn't want to let go. So he took another ticket and travelled all the way to Kottayam (65 km away) because he couldn't 'bear' to let go..
Aaaah Love!.... * puke *

P.S.:All characters and events portrayed are fictional. Any resemblance to real people or incidents is purely coincidental, but if you know what i'm talking about, then Hey! How are you? See I wrote a post about you.. :)

6 comments:

InfJunkie said...

Public displays of affection can be soo nauseating...ugghhh..everytime i see a couple getting all lovey-dovey *can hardle bring herself to say those words* feel like goin' upto 'em and asking, "could you please temme where i can puke?"

InfJunkie said...

Public displays of affection can be soo nauseatingly obnoxious...ugghhh..everytime i see a couple getting all lovey-dovey *can hardle bring herself to say those words* feel like goin' upto 'em and asking, "could you please temme where i can puke?"

unni said...

I have to disagree with the above, I am afraid.
Public displays lacking insight and awareness of one's surroundings can be quite annoying in certain situations, but I do not think you can generalise it beyond that. I think it is quite good fun to hold hands or look into each other's eyes or share an icecream without a care for the people around you. I agree, if such a display of emotion is because that is all you can do and if you cannot talk to each other about how you feel (maybe due to a lack of certain anatomical details which might help build up one's courage) then I guess it is a bit sad. Bottomline: it is fun as part of a meaningful relationship, but not as part of a frustrated relationship

Maya Reiss said...

@freebird : It was not quite so much about them holding hands.. I was just very surprised that my macho friend would go all the way to kottayam on impulse for her.. and this post was merely intended to rub it in the face of his machoism-recovered-self now.

@unni: I completely agree with you. And I cannot comment on whether the relationship I mentioned was frustrated (not because I don't have an opinion on that.. but because it would be too mean.. which is not uncharacteristic of me).. The hero of the plot has finally landed himself what i would call a meaningful relationship with a wonderful person.. and we do hold hands :)

InfJunkie said...

Well...I wasn’t talking abt "just" holding hands, I was talking abt the whole being expressive thing being taken to a new Level as such...when people lost track of what’s acceptable in public and what’s not… (Don’t tell this to my sister else she’s gonna stop all my social activities: D)...which can be pretty obnoxious as I mentioned. Holding hands is cute, but some other things *ahem* aint!

Sandeep Pillai said...

eyes, wide shut